Sunday, April 17, 2011

YUMMY SUNDAY: Tocino


Tocino is probably one of the easiest to cook Filipino dish. You can buy this at Asian stores if you live in the USA. It is already packaged and marinated, most of them are ready to fry but I still prefer to boil it first so the flavor is not overwhelming.


Here is how usually the package looks like.

 Put it in a pan and then put a little water, I might have put more than I should have here. But don't worry if you put a little more, you will just have to cook it longer that way.

Allow it to boil and let the water evaporate.

After most of the water evaporate, put some vegetable oil just enough to fry, since it is already cooked, you will just have to mix it with the oil for approximately three minutes. It will look like the one in the picture. After you take the pork out of the pan, it might look messy but you can just put plain water in the pan and let it boil for a little while so you will not have a problem taking the sticky marinate out of the pan.


Here is the finished product. It is delicious, for those who haven't tried it, you can give it a try. It is tender and sweet.


Have a YUMMY SUNDAY!



Miz Helen’s Country Cottage

7 comments:

Chubskulit Rose said...

Looks so yummy. We used to buy preserved tocinos when we were still in Korea because the commissary sell them. Now that we're back here, my only option is to use the tocino mix and make my own..

Have some of my Chicken and Salad at Spice Up Your Life. Have a great week ahead!

Anonymous said...

Oh I miss Tocino with sukang may sili at patis with garlic rice.Its a yummy morning to you, hope we are near each other then you can invite me to join you eating this magical tocino!... haaayyyyy.....

Yummy Sunday said...

looks yummy! I like to eat this during breakfast.

Edsie said...

i love tocinos!!

visiting from tbe!

Cheerful said...

looks really delicious...my fave one was pampangas best, hayy, ka-miss na naman! anyway, wishing you a blessed week!

Yhep said...

Yummmy, I'm getting hungry. It's night time here but what the heck...I'll have my breakfast in advance. Let me go and grab a tocino.
Thanks for making me drool.

JJ:>)

Miz Helen said...

I would really like to try this yummy looking dish. I will have to look for it in the store. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you next week. Have a very special week end!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin